Saturday, December 3, 2011

Slight Blog Change.

When I started Oliver and Adelaide's blog, I decided to write it from their perspective. I felt like they didn't really have the ability to articulate their thoughts and ideas in writing so it was fun for me to tell their story through their eyes. Lately, I've been feeling like they are totally their own people, with their own thoughts and beliefs and it is very silly for me to continue to write from their perspective. Never mind the fact that having multiple personalities was getting a bit confusing!

They love reading their own stories. Often, we read their blog books at night before bed. I feel like they each have the most important developments of their lives captured. Until they turned three, so much was happening for each of them that they needed their own stories. Those milestones, oh they were so huge and so ridiculously worthy of their own entries. While the daily events continue, the major milestones are a bit farther apart.

Also, the lunch bunch teacher at Oliver and Adelaide's school told me the sweetest story about them from the Stone Soup day that made me realize that they don't need their own stories anymore. We are a family and we all truly see each other as a member of the family. On this particular day, Oliver was at the back of the line for his class. Adelaide just happened to be at the front of her line and so they ended up sitting next to each other. The second they saw each other, they gave each other a huge hug. During the stone soup program, Adelaide had her arm around Oliver and was resting her head on his shoulder. As the teacher was telling me this story, she got tears in her eyes and told me how much it touched her. It touched me too, actually, and got me thinking about how much they care about each other.

So, for now, this will be our site. I will write here about our family and Oliver and Adelaide stories will take up pretty much 99% of the blog. So really nothing much will change!

Earlier this week, Oliver and Adelaide had a blueberry sparkling wine toast to the start of the holiday season and the arrival of the Elf. The festivities have officially begun!



2 comments:

Ella's Mom said...

Great new blog idea! I love it!

Krisko said...

Great change. : )