Friday, December 16, 2011

Munchkins and Hot Chocolate With Grammi

On Tuesday, Oliver and Adelaide proudly came home with their Christmas gifts for Chris and me. This year, Oliver made a gingerbread ornament and Adelaide made a coaster.


This picture cracks me up because Adelaide decided to wear the tag that said "Happy Holidays to my family." She won! There is no way that a coaster or ornament could compare to her.



We invited Grammi over for an afternoon treat so she could see our tree and decorations. Oliver picked out the menu and it worked perfectly for me: munchkins and hot chocolate with candy canes. He remembered that Grammi likes the jelly ones so we made sure to have plenty of those on hand.

Grammi and I were given the small cups so that Oliver and Adelaide could have the big ones. Not quite the way I had planned, but sometimes you just have to go along with it!



I really love my Dickens Village. This is a collection that was started a few years ago. Every year, my mom and dad give us a few pieces to add to it. This year, we decided Oliver and Adelaide were old enough to not bother with it too much so we put it out. We set up all the lights and it looks very pretty. O and A are very good about looking at it and turning everything on, but not playing with it. Chris loves this village too!
There is just something so enchanting about simple village life that includes a church, a school, a store and a cottage.

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

I love our little village too! I was bummed to leave it packed up this year because of the move..yours looks great!