Friday, December 9, 2011

Who's That?

While Chris was watching them last weekend, he was watching football and Oliver and Adelaide went upstairs to "get something." After about three minutes, the two of them came down all decked out...
It's a bird, it's a plane...no it's Super Reindeer Curly Haired Oliver. He's the best superhero I've ever seen! I may be a bit biased, but I'd let him rescue me any day. The antlers really complete the cape, skirt and wig combo.


The elf has returned. He's been popping up in strange places. Every morning the kids run downstairs to see where the elf is and what is waiting for them in their calender.
In other developments, Adelaide has learned how to spell her full name. About two weeks ago, she surprised me when I asked her how to spell her name. She also has been having tantrums to the fullest extent. I remember Oliver having them last year and looking at Adelaide thinking she would never have them. Well, they have arrived full force. Today, I asked her to apologize to Oliver for something and she refused. Flat out refused because "I don't like doing that (apologizing)." Every time she refused, she had to take another break. After about eight breaks, she finally broke down and said, "I'm sorry." Woah. Oliver usually gave in after two breaks! She has got a mind of her own. People should do their best not to get on her bad side!
We are getting our Christmas tree this week. Adelaide's teacher told me that Adelaide told the class that we were getting our tree this weekend and we were going to put it in her bedroom. I think it would be so cute to get a little tree for their room. We'll have to see what we can find. Most likely, it will be one tree for the downstairs.

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

Love the photos of the kids in wigs. Do you remember the photo that you took of G ages ago with the blond wig on? Whenever I ask her who is in he photo she says Lorelai. I wonder if she would recognize A? Also way to go A for spelling one long name!!