Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Krisko Christmas!

My side of the family celebrates Christmas the Sunday before the actual holiday. With different schedules and trying to fill in seeing so many different people over Christmas, it makes it much less hectic and less stressful to get together then.

The celebration kicked off with the five cousins spending the night at my parents house the night before. The cousins had a great time and I am so thankful that my mom and dad were able to take them for the night. Chris and I had a fun night out in Boston because of them!

The next day, we had a lovely dinner. I made a green bean dish and a broccoli dish. I was not crazy about either one and probably won't make them again. But, the beef and the twice baked potatoes were delicious.

After dinner, the kiddos surprised us with a concert! My mom played the piano while the five elves sang Jingle Bells. They were adorable.







Dzia Dzia decided to take them on a Jingle Bell march!



Adelaide thought the whole thing was so funny!


My darling Goddaughter Gabriella with my brother.


At one point, I looked over and Oliver was just taking everything in around him.


We ended the day opening presents. For one of Adelaide's gifts, my parents got her a Polish collectible Barbie. All of the girls got one. She seemed pretty excited about it!
Truly, getting together with family is what the holidays are all about. I am so thankful for all of my family- my parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters. I am thankful for my friends- the ones I've known for years and the new ones I've made this year. I am thankful for my husband who is ambitious, funny and smart. I am thankful for my children. Oliver is a smart little boy who has a very deep side to him and Adelaide is just this funny, engaging little lady who captures my heart every day.

No comments: