Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree (Mini-Version)!

Sometime last week, Adelaide began asking if we could put our Christmas tree in her room. She even started telling her teachers at school that when we got our Christmas tree it would be going in her room. Clearly, we were not going to put our Christmas tree in her room but it got me thinking about the possibility of a mini-tree instead!

While Adelaide and I were at Michael's this past weekend, we saw some very little trees (and I mean little). Immediately, Adelaide started saying "It's a tree for my room. It's a tree for my room" and did a little spin dance over and over again. I quickly warmed up to the idea when I noticed these little trees were 50% off, putting the total cost at about $4.50 for the tree. I then noticed there were some "Merry Minis" for the tree which were miniature ornaments that came in packs of six to eight. These, also, were 50% off. In total, we were able to get the mini-tree and mini-ornaments for under ten dollars.

Oliver and Adelaide were so excited about decorating this very little tree.

They put so much care into making sure each Merry Mini was exactly where they wanted it to be.


Here is Adelaide asking me if there are any more Merry Mini's to put on the tree.


Their sweet, little Christmas tree for their room all decorated just the way they wanted it.


Someone might be just a wee bit happy.


Yup, she's pretty excited about her tree.


The next day, I asked Oliver and Adelaide if they wanted to make mini-donuts for their elf, Jingle. I had seen the idea for mini-donuts for elfs in a few different places online and decided to keep the "mini" theme going for the weekend.

They were happy to help make the mini-donuts.



They made about two dozen, but decided that six would be more than enough for Jingle. We used Tasteeos, frosting, chocolate sauce and sprinkles to make the treats.


All packaged as a surprise for Jingle.


It was quickly decided that they must leave the mini-donuts for Jingle under the mini-tree. It makes perfect sense to me too! Oliver crafted a little sign for Jingle.

I must say, these were two of the funnest activities that I have done with Oliver and Adelaide. I loved seeing how excited Adelaide was when she found her Christmas tree and miniature ornaments. And then I loved seeing how excited they both were when they made the donuts for Jingle. It was truly magical to see the wonder in their eyes. They are only going to be little for a short time and I am going to embrace every single moment of that magic.