Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Day!

When I woke up on Easter morning we headed downstairs. It quickly became evident that the Easter bunny had paid us a visit. We found chocolate eggs everywhere. Daddy told us that the Easter bunny left eggs wherever he was playing while we were asleep. We searched and finally found most of the treats.
We also had a few small treats in our Easter basket.

After breakfast, we went to church. Normally I go to the nursery but today was a special day...I got to join mommy, daddy and Oliver at the service. Well, about 20 minutes into it, I slightly bumped my head and started fussing. Mommy took me to the room in the back and started rocking me. Next thing you know, we were getting ready to get in the car. Yes, apparently I fell asleep. The nice thing about the room was that mommy could hear everything so she still got to enjoy the service.

Finally, it was time to head to Grammi and Dzia Dzia's house for Easter. They put so much time and effort into getting everything ready and we were excited to spend the day with them.


We came bouncing out of the car when we saw them and managed to get a quick photo before everyone else arrived.


Once the guests started arriving, the fun really began. Of of our cousins on mommy's side were there.

Trying to snap a picture with 4 children under 4 can be tough.

Then you add a 5th child and Dzia Dzia and it gets a bit more complicated!

After everyone arrived, the hunt got underway for eggs! Oliver was very focused and serious.


You know me, though. I had other ideas. My only goal was to have a fun time.

So what I did while everyone else was searching for eggs was put the ones I found down my dress and then picked them up again when they came out the bottom. It kept me entertained and really proved to be quite amusing.

Mommy snapped a picture of Uncle Matt.
Nonna and Papa made the trip from Cape Cod to have dinner with us. We hadn't seen them for a few months so we were glad they came.

My great grandparents, Mimi and Papa, have been married for 60 years!!! Wow. Truly amazing and beautiful.
Easter was so great this year!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

group pictures of kids always crack me up - you got some funny ones!