Saturday, April 16, 2011

5 Little Words...

Yesterday, mommy was looking through her dresser and found this card. At first, she had no idea what it was. Then, she opened it and remembered. Mommy got a little smile on her face. When mommy was pregnant with me, she went to have her ultrasound. She and daddy had decided that they wanted to be surprised and find out what I was when I was born. But, she also thought that there might come a day during the pregnancy that she would really want to know whether I was a boy or a girl. So, she and daddy asked the woman doing the ultrasound to write down what I was and seal it in an envelope. The only card that mommy had handy was a thank you note. So, shortly after the ultrasound, the tech handed mommy a sealed envelope. This envelope went in the desk drawer and mommy and daddy did not open it. In fact, it wasn't until almost a week after they got home from the hospital that they decided to open it. Inside, here is what the sweet ultrasound woman had written....
This card will always make mommy smile. Now, it has been placed in my memory box.

No comments: