Friday, August 20, 2010

Grammi's Birthday and Tea Party with Gabriella

Our week of parties continued yesterday with Grammi's birthday! We had fun picking out a cake for her and we each picked out our own card for her. I sang Happy Birthday to Grammi on the phone before she went to work.












Oliver REALLY wanted to blow out Grammi's candle but he wasn't quite able to!












I was happy about that because it meant that Grammi was able to make her own wish and blow out the candle.












Here we are looking at the card I picked out. I had quite a bit to say to Grammi in the card. It went something like "Dear Grammi, Dear Dzia Dzia, Dear Nonna, Dear Papa, Dear Mimi, Dear Papa."













This afternoon Gabriella and I spent some quality girl time together while Aunt Carolyn hung out with Oliver. We decided to have a little tea party.










True to my personality, I couldn't just sit and sip tea like a lady. I had to try to be funny and put the cup on my head!










To be honest, I would have preferred REAL cake and REAL tea but imaginary was okay.




















2 comments:

Ella's Mom said...

hey - where did you get the candles that you used for your parents cakes? i saw them on diapers.com but i don't feel like ordering them if I can just go somewhere easy and buy them...

Lauren said...

The Paper Store sells them.