Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend- Part 1

Oliver and I started off with a pleasant surprise- our cousin Gabriella came over for a visit. We spent a few hours keeping her entertained. She really liked when I played peek-a-boo with her. I also invited her to a tea party, which she gladly accepted. We spent some time playing with my tea set before Uncle Mike came to pick her up!





















After Gabriella left, mommy, daddy and I headed up to Maine. Dzia Dzia had left a little bit earlier with Oliver so I had the backseat all to myself! I took a nap, had a snack and talked to mommy and daddy. When we got there, we went right down to the water. Dzia Dzia helped Oliver catch some fish.








I entertained myself by playing in the sand. I am not sure that I like the water. I am still undecided about that one. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. I did like emptying the water can though.









Mimi and Papa have these fake ducks in the water. I guess they are fake. I thought they were real. I kind of have this thing where I don't like animals all that much. I have no idea where that comes from but animals aren't my favorite. When I saw these ducks I started yelling at them. Mommy calmly told me they weren't real and I kind of got it. But not totally.





After an afternoon at the beach, I heard music. Not just any music, but the oh so sweet sounds of the ice cream truck. Oliver and I looked at mommy and daddy and they said that we could get an ice cream treat. We all held hands walking to the street...but then I just couldn't contain myself.







I started RUNNING after the ice cream truck. Mommy and daddy told me that it was making it's way back to us but, just to be sure...















I stood in the middle of the street just so the truck wouldn't miss me. Don't worry, mommy and daddy got me back to the side of the street in plenty of time.










Finally the truck arrived and we got to pick a pop. I picked Dora and Oliver picked Sponge Bob. They were huge.












Seeing the ice cream truck was a really wonderful way to end the day.











Oh wait, the night wasn't QUITE over yet. After dinner, Dzia Dzia told us he had this really great idea to market pillows as hats. Daddy was a good sport and went along with it. Does anyone else notice just how excited about this Dzia Dzia is? I had to put one on my head too...I didn't want to miss the fun.







The next day we went for a boat ride. When I get in the boat I tend to just sit wherever I'm placed.


























Daddy also swam with Oliver. I wanted NOTHING to do with the water which surprised mommy and daddy because I love taking baths. Mommy told me that Oliver wasn't a huge fan of the water last summer so maybe next year I'll love the water too!







Before dinner, we all decorated our little car to get ready for the Fourth of July parade. I was a big helper with making the signs.












I got really excited when I saw Mimi and Papa coming up the driveway. First, because that meant we'd be able to have lobsters soon and second, Mimi made a chocolate cake for dessert.






Here we are touching our lobster. At this point I wasn't too sure how we'd be able to eat it but mommy and daddy reassured me that they would take care of it for us!


















And, they were right. They prepared the lobster and I dug in. I LOVED it. I couldn't get enough. I finished Oliver's for him. Mmmmmm....what a great Maine summer dinner. I love lobster!!!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

LOVE the pillow head photo!!