Monday, July 12, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend- Part 2

I don't remember the Fourth of July last year. Probably because I was only 8 months old at the time. This year, however, I was in for quite the adventure. First we went over to Mimi and Papa's for breakfast. After breakfast, I was sitting in the chair just playing by myself when all of the sudden I saw mommy holding the camera so I said "cheese" and started acting very silly!








The day before, we decorate our little car with all sorts of decorations. Oliver said he wanted to walk, so I got to take the easy road and lounge in my car. Here I am posing with my super cool car:) We didn't realize quite how long of a walk it was to the start of the parade.









Oliver was super excited about the whole experience but I definitely played it cool. It was tough to get a smile from me the entire time we were in the parade.









Eventually, Oliver got so tired from all of his running that he needed to go in the car so daddy put me on his shoulders. I was keeping a lookout for the mudslides and slushees!











At last we arrived! We spent some time with Grammi, Dzia Dzia, Mimia and Papa before heading down the street to see Mimi's friend Julia.









We got distracted once again by Uncle Sam. Dzia Dzia and Oliver LOVED this little guy but again, I kind of just humored everyone and got my picture taken too!









After visiting Julia, we walked with Grammi back to the house to get ready for an afternoon at the beach.












I picked my spot and just sat. I didn't really move once I was placed in the sand.


























At the end of the day, Oliver had this brilliant idea to make a train on the porch. As you can tell, I made it my sole mission to take the train apart while everyone else was playing along with my brother!
































Overall, it was a really great weekend! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: