Saturday, June 25, 2011

Strawberry Loving Time!

On Wednesday morning, right before the bad weather arrived, we met up with Lauren and her mom at a farm for strawberry picking. We each started out with empty quart boxes and then the fun really began.


We picked lots of berries. I was told by mommy to pick the really red ones.


Lauren was very good at picking the good strawberries.


In true Adelaide style, I got a little distracted. My strawberry picking experience quickly became one berry in my container and then one berry out of the container into my mouth. I then stopped putting them in my container and putting them right into my mouth.


Yum, yum yum!


Mommy started to help me and the strawberries began to fill up in my container.


Oliver did a really good job of picking the strawberries.

In the middle of picking strawberries, Oliver and Lauren got distracted by a ladybug.

Oliver decided to give the ladybug to Lauren.


After about an hour of picking strawberries, our quart containers were very full and we were ready to head back to the picnic tables for a snack. Oliver did weigh our strawberries before we left and he had a little over a pound and I had one and a half pounds. We had a great time with our friends and a great time eating strawberry shortcake that night for dessert.

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

looks like fun - Lauren is adorable! Will she be at O's party?