Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday...To ME!

I woke up yesterday and found out that I was now two! I'll be honest...I had no idea how old I was. I kept on telling mommy that I was fifteen. When I went downstairs, I found a little surprise waiting for me. My placemat was decorated with cupcake paper, there was a new headband and a book.
















I started to think that this birthday thing could be a little bit fun! I opened up the book and it was called Tina Cocolina: Queen of the Cupcakes. I was starting to notice a little theme going on.














Can you imagine, a book all about cupcakes. I was pretty excited when I looked at all the cupcakes!











I had fun looking through the book and then after breakfast, mommy read it to Oliver and me.


































I also found out that I was having a small birthday party later on in the afternoon. It was a cupcake tea party. Here is a picture of the cake that mommy had made from Cakes For Occasion.










At the party, we had cupcakes, finger sandwiches, cold appetizers, hot appetizers and lots of delicious cookies that Grammi and Nonna made.











All of the little girls who came to the party received a cupcake barrette.












There was also a table for the little ones. Oliver was the only boy at the party, but he didn't seem to mind too much!
















Here's another picture of the baby cupcakes.































Mommy made me a happy birthday banner. I'll let you in on a little secret though- she ran out of little circle beads so the first few letter have a lot more beads than the rest of the letters! The drinks included tea, coffee, Cupcake wine and seltzer water.








Auntie Carolyn came by earlier in the day and surprised me with a new tutu! It went perfectly with my cupcake shirt. I really love my tutu. I've been wearing it lots!


































Lorelai also wore her tutu to the party!




















































Mommy snapped a random picture of Lorelai playing in the corner.
















Finally, it was time for the cake. Now, I've been practicing blowing out my candles because apparently I needed practice. I was ready to go by the time my birthday came around!
























I really had quite a fun time opening presents.

















Everyone was far too generous.


















I was very excited to receive a new baby from Grammi...I kept on saying, "it's a new baby!"




































































I ended my day with a new pair of cupcake pajamas from mommy and daddy. I had a really fun day. My brother Oliver was such a good big brother today. He really helped out and made my day special.

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

Adelaide, you are such a beautiful little lady! What a great birthday!

Ella's Mom said...

Thanks for inviting us to your cupcake tea party - we had a wonderful time. Love, Auntie Carolyn and Ella