Monday, February 27, 2012

Strike!

On Sunday, we went bowling.  The four of us were going to bowl but Chris had an injured back so Oliver, Adelaide and I took to the lanes while Chris watched and took some pictures.  
 Watching Adelaide bowl was really entertaining.  I love that she is standing really far from the line and has her tongue out.  Her ball SLOWLY made it's way down the lane.  She actually had to get the ball from the middle of the lane a few times because it was going so slow!
 Adelaide was very supportive of me and insisted on giving me high fives and kisses whenever it was my turn.  She was clearly on my team as the competition between Oliver and me heated up!
 Oliver was super focused and really determined to beat me.  I know the emphasis is on teamwork and participation in sports these days, but a little competition never hurt anybody (at least in my book)!

 Oliver enjoyed being a photographer and took this photo of me as I got ready to bowl my last two sets (is that the right word)?  Going into those final two sets, Oliver held a slight lead over me.


 Adelaide gave me one last kiss for good luck before I took my final turn!
 And then the pressure was on Oliver.  He definitely rose to the challenge and bowled his little heart out.  It was so cute to see him in action.  He knew he needed to get at least a 79 to win.
 DRUMROLL PLEASE.....
 When he got to his last ball, he had to knock down at least two pins to take the game.  He focused, he placed the ball and we all watched as it slowly rolled down the alley.  It knocked exactly two pins down and he started jumping up and down!  He was really excited.
By a score of 79 to 78, Oliver took his mommy down!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

How exciting for O and sad for you ;) If I was good at bowling I would really mock you but I think O might have beat me with a score of 79 too!