Thursday, February 2, 2012

Did My Mind Go Blank?

I found this old picture of Oliver from the last Superbowl between the Patriots and the Giants four years ago.  Oliver was almost 7 months old in this picture.  Hard to believe he was that little and that so much time has passed.  But, I think he looks a lot now like he did in that picture.  I really don't have much on my mind which is why there haven't been many updates.

I am excited for the Super Bowl.  Chris is openly routing for the Giants and I am routing for the Patriots.  I think my dad is going to come over for part of the game.  I told Chris to be kind and I think he will!

We got the kids progress reports from Harborlight Nursery today.  They are doing fine.  There is really nothing new that we didn't already know about them.  They are both very quiet at school and are hitting their milestones.  Lately, Adelaide has been talking about a little girl in the class that she really likes and, on her progress report today, the teachers mentioned that they thought Adelaide and this particular little girl would make good friends outside of school as well.  I guess I'll have to get on it:)!  Time to meet her mom!  I will say that thanks to Oliver and Lauren's friendship, Lauren's mom and I have become good friends.  There ARE benefits to "setting up" my children with their friends!  I just don't like worrying about whether or not Oliver and Adelaide are social enough.  Chris and I have talked about it, and while we have friends, neither one of us is a social butterfly.  Some people have that natural charisma and neither Chris or I are truly that way so why would we expect our children to be any different?  It's okay to be a little shy and reserved when meeting new people.  It's just their personalities.  I was very shy when I was little and I feel as though I still met wonderful friends who are still an important part of my life today.

One other thing, I think this whole Gisele email thing has been completely blown out of proportion.  I actually think it is sweet that she cared that much about Tom to ask family and friends to hope he has a good game on Sunday.  CLEARLY, I have nothing on my mind if this is what I am writing about.

No comments: