Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back to School Night

Last night, I went to Oliver and Adelaide's back to school night at their nursery school.  It was fun to talk to their teachers and see the different projects that they've been working on throughout the year.  Adelaide's teachers said she is quiet but coming out of her shell.  She makes them laugh with her sense of humor.  They say she often delivers her funny moments in a deadpan voice and then they see a little smile and know she is being funny.

Oliver's teachers also say he is very quiet and polite.  They said they would love to see him talk more or answer questions.  I did have a good laugh with the teachers because they said that sometimes when they ask him to do something, like identify colors for their assessment, he gives them a look like "do I really have to do this right now?"  I told them how I often get that look when he thinks that something I am asking him to do is considered "stupid" in his mind.  They said that is exactly the same look.  I told them he is very different at home (verbally) and hardly ever stops talking.  It's like he thinks he's the boss at our house!

I enjoyed seeing the projects they had done.  Oliver's hat picture and story really made me smile which is why I decided to post it here.  I really enjoyed seeing their teachers and chatting with them about Oliver and Adelaide.  They both really enjoy being at school.

This past weekend, we had some Superbowl plans that never happened when the kids got sick with the stomach bug.  Adelaide actually only got sick a few times but Oliver was non-stop.  The poor kid.  I had just finished telling Chris how Oliver reminds me of myself when I get sick when I felt the stomach bug hitting me...a few hours before the game started.  I was holed up in our room the rest of Superbowl Sunday and part of Monday until I finally felt better.  I kind of watched/listened to the game.  What a close one!


No comments: