Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day with Oliver and Adelaide was really fun this year.  Last year, we made a canvas to use as a Valentine's Day decoration.  Oliver asked me if we were going to do it again this year.  After looking online to get some ideas, we made this canvas using their hands.  

I had ordered shirts for Oliver and Adelaide for Valentine's Day but when Adelaide's arrived, the front said Adeline instead of Adelaide.  We sent it back for a new one.  It arrived on Valentine's Day so we'll save it for next year!  Oliver did think it was pretty funny that her shirt said "Adeline" and whenever he wants to give her a hard time, he now calls her Adeline.

 We made our annual visit to Grammi's house to drop off her Valentine's treats.  Oliver was very excited to give her a rose and Adelaide gave her the Valentine we made.

 Before we left, Oliver and Adelaide played a little duet for Grammi and me.  Oliver really likes the piano.  I am considering lessons for him this year.
 Chris, Oliver, Adelaide and I celebrated our Valentine's Day a little early because Chris knew he'd be working late on Tuesday.  Chris took them out to buy me presents.  Oliver asked Chris what women typically get for Valentine's Day and Chris told him jewelry and perfume.  Knowing that Oliver and Adelaide were going to pick out my gifts, he took them to Kohl's so he wouldn't have to worry about what they chose and could just let them have fun.

Oliver decided that he would write my real name on the card, instead of Mom.  Inside I found perfume. It was extra special- the roll on kind:).  I wore it that night for dinner.  I may save it for extra special occasions, ha!
 Adelaide decided she wanted to write Mom on my card so that's what she did.  Adelaide was hysterical about my surprise.  She said to me the day before they gave me my gifts, "Mommy, I can't tell you what I got for you but you will need to take out your earrings in order to put in your new gift."  She and Oliver picked out some earrings.  I have worn them every day since they gave them to me because the two of them check my ears every morning before we leave the house to see if I have them on.
 Oliver and Adelaide woke up to a little surprise on Valentine's Day.  We bugged them with the little bees filled with treats.  It put a huge smile on their faces and was a fun way to start the day.


 Both Oliver and Adelaide had parties at school and then we met up with Amy and Lauren for ice cream sundaes.
 Oliver gave her the surprise that he made for her.  It was his first time giving a non-family member some jewelry:).
 Amy and I wanted to have a chance to visit so the kiddos worked on a little craft while we hung out.
 Last week, we were in for another Valentine's Day treat when Lorelai and Cali came over for a little visit.  We decorated some cookies and gave them their treats.  It was really fun to see them.

I am a lover of Valentine's Day and all of the hearts, candy, fun and treats that go along with the day.  I know some may say that you shouldn't need a holiday to show people just how much you care about them but I think it's really just another excuse to celebrate.  Life and love should be celebrated...as often as possible!

No comments: