Monday, May 30, 2011

Cape Cod!

On Sunday morning, we took a rode trip to Cape Cod with mommy, daddy, Uncle Dan and Auntie Erin. We had to take two cars so Oliver went with the ladies and I went with the men. just talked to myself the entire time and then fell asleep right before we arrived.

Once we got there, the fun really began, despite cold and overcast weather. We went outside on Nonna and Papa's playground and then daddy took me for a bike ride. Oliver didn't want to go on one but I was up for it! We rode together around the neighborhood.


Nonna had a very important job for us. We made a blueberry-rhubarb pie with her. She is always so great about finding fun projects for us to do. We rolled out the dough and got to mix the sugar in with the fruit.


Doesn't this pie look so delicious?


Before dinner, we went outside and picked some radishes for the salad.

Papa was being really silly! He pushed me on the swing and the way he was doing it, I couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably.


For dinner that night, we had lamb chops, meatballs and fingerling potatoes. I devoured everything!

The next day, Auntie Erin, Nonna and mommy took us to Coonamessett Farm. The weather was chilly! But, we still saw the chickens, played in the play area and had fun running around.


When we got back, Oliver did some gardening with Papa. Oliver really loves gardening.

Then, before dinner, we made rice krispy houses. This type of project required an apron for sure. I was lucky enough to wear the one that Nonna has had since she was little.




Gooey fingers!


Let the house decorating begin!



Auntie Erin and Uncle Dan joined in on the fun.


We also made a paper mache dog with Papa.

Here I am wearing Uncle Dan's sneakers. Did I mention that I love Uncle Dan? He read me books, carried me around and played with me.

We also went to the Heritage Museum and Gardens.



Auntie Erin's mommy and daddy also visited Cape Cod so we spent a lot of time with them too. We had a great time!



I feel really lucky to have my Nonna and Papa! Cape Cod was really fun.

No comments: