Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If Adelaide Could Live in a Submarine, I Think She Would.

On Sunday, Chris headed to Foxboro to meet up with some of his high school teammates to honor his former coach who had been inducted into the MIAA Hall of Fame.  The weather was not great so after church, Oliver, Adelaide and I headed up to the Children's Museum of New Hampshire.  They have a reciprocal membership with the Museum of Science so we did not have to pay anything.  It was about an hour away and a very easy drive.

When we got there, the kids had fun exploring the different exhibits.  
 This is the typical Oliver jumping up and down in excitement position that cracks me up.  It is SO easy to tell when he is happy!

 Without a doubt, their favorite part was the submarine.  They each had COMPLETELY different reasons for loving it of course.  Adelaide saw the little bunks and jumped right in and made herself at home.  She didn't do much else for about ten minutes.  Then, when we left the submarine, she kept on asking to go back to it again because it was her favorite thing there.

 Meanwhile, Oliver got busy pressing buttons and taking command of the submarine.
 Eventually Adelaide joined in and did some listening of her own.

 I am realizing more and more that all of these pictures are of Oliver doing something and Adelaide chilling out.  Here she is chilling out in a chair while Oliver created patterns on the window behind her.
 Oliver was so proud of the design he made.
 Adelaide just being Adelaide!  I am pretty happy with her new jean jacket.  I snagged it the Children's Drop and Shop a few weeks ago for five dollars.  I've been wanting to get her one so when I saw it there and in such good condition, I couldn't pass it up.
 Before we left, we checked out the dig site.  Not quite as cool as the one down in Disney, but they still had fun.

 Poor Adelaide thought this was a real phone and she called Papa and kept on saying, "Hello, Papa, are you there?" Then she looked at me and asked me why he wasn't answering.  This is the same girl who saw a boy wave on my computer screen the other day (it was a video and not skype) and proceeded to frantically wave back to him.  She really makes us smile!  I would love to get into her mind for a day.


 Again, Adelaide sitting.  She really did have fun though!
I think we will definitely go back to that museum again.  It wasn't too crowded, parking was easy and the kids had fun for the entire afternoon.

1 comment:

Krisko said...

Love the pics!! The one with A on the bunks looks like she is preparing for a future underway!