Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Fun- Part 1

We like celebrating holidays. Valentine's Day is no exception. We have had lots of fun working on some projects, making cupcakes and cookies and just enjoying each other. The other day we received a surprise package from Nonna and Papa. In the package were all sorts of Valentine's Day treats like these frogs that light up, Hello Kitty chocolates and ceramic figurines to paint. Oliver and I pointed out to mommy that we really need to have a piece of chocolate at the beginning and end of every day in order to keep up our energy. Thank you Nonna and Papa for sending us some goodies!

The other night we had Grammi and Dzia Dzia over for dinner. We got dressed up and mommy made salad, beef stew and chocolate cakes for dessert. We had some silly time together before they arrived.
There were these little boxes set up at each of our place settings. They were filled with a chocolate heart. Before I opened it, I couldn't wait to see what was inside.


Do you think I love my daddy? Yes, I do! Despite my bossiness with him lately, I love him SO much. Please excuse the spots on the wall. As mommy told us, our house came down with a case of the spots. We thought it was kind of funny.

I like to give strong hugs.

At around the time that Grammi and Dzia Dzia were going to arrive, we heard a knock on the door. We opened it and there were two sing-a-ma-jigs at the door. We thought it was hysterical. Grammi and Dzia Dzia were not in sight, but we knew they had to have left them at the door.


See the spots? It really is a case of the spots at our house.
We all sat down to a nice dinner.

And then, I spent some time looking at the Valentine that I made for Grammi and Dzia Dzia.

Giving them our surprise.

Time for dessert! Eating our chocolate cakes together.

We have enjoyed Valentine's Day so far. Love, Adelaide

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

What great photos. I love the neckline of A's dress! IS she 7 now??

Also, was the hello kitty doll for A or Mommy??