Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our New Year Adventure- Part One

We woke up early on Thursday morning. Mommy and daddy heard me shouting from my crib "It's a Grace and Ryan day. It's a Grace and Ryan day." We were leaving to head to Rockville to visit my Auntie Margaret, Uncle Tom, Grace and Ryan. Oliver and I were super excited. Mommy and daddy told us we were in for a long ride but we were too excited to care.

After driving for about five hours, we stopped for lunch at a rest stop. Mommy and daddy sold us (without trying to hard) on getting hotdogs and chocolate milk. This is my "I'm excited" face.



I am patiently waiting for my hotdog.

After another four hours or so in the car, we arrived at Grace and Ryan's house. For those of you who don't know, Grace and I have a special relationship. For as long as I can remember (my two short years of life), Grace has referred to me as Baby Adelaide. We just love playing together. Or maybe she just thinks I'm her real life doll? Either way, it works out for both of us.





When we arrived, we had a little dance party before dinner and then Uncle Tom made chicken parmesan for dinner. Uncle Tom and daddy sure do make good chicken parmesan. We devoured it!























After dinner, they had a surprise waiting for me- a new Fancy Nancy doll. Please pardon the dirty face. We all hopped down from dinner to play and were not caught by our parents in time!










Sitting with my Godmother.













The next morning, we woke up and were all so excited to see each other.












We had some coffee cake and Grace did a really good job of holding me. She kept on asking me if I was okay. Yup, doing just fine, thank you very much! I love being with Grace.










Mommy, daddy, the cousins and I were being silly and I may be wrong, but I think Grace took this silly picture of daddy.











Before we headed out for the day, a Dora show was in order. Again, Grace had a spot for me on her lap.











Oliver and daddy had lots of tickles for Grace.














Hugs!


























We decided it would be fun (well, the adults decided) to get a picture in front of the piano that was from Nonna and Papa. When I get a little nervous, I tend to touch my lip or put my finger in my mouth.























A picture with our mommies!













For our first full day with our cousins, we decided to paint pottery and go to a discovery center right in Rockville. Before painting pottery, we went to the Fractured Prune for donuts. They were SO SO SO delicious. They had a menu of donuts to choose from and they were warm and melty and just wonderful. Yum.







Then it was time for some pottery. Auntie Margaret helped Ryan and mommy helped Oliver.











Uncle Tom helped Grace.













Daddy helped me. Now, what do you think I decided to paint. I'll give you one guess. It is a plate that you put my very favorite thing in the whole world on.
















You guessed it! A cupcake plate. Hooray!!!












We walked over to see the Christmas tree before heading to the Discovery Center. Mommy did not really take many pictures there because we were busy looking at turtles and snakes.










After all that excitement, we came home for lunch.

















And then Grace, Oliver and I had a little talent show.


























































After lunch I took a nap and I guess while I was napping, mommy, daddy, Margaret, Oliver, Grace and Ryan went for a bike ride and ended up at the neighbor's trampoline. Mommy went on there and bounced around.











Pardon her socks, she was wearing boots!











Mommy popped all the kids around like they were popcorn.












Then it was time to get out and go to a Mexican restaurant for a New Years Eve dinner. The food was delicious and we all had a great time. I was so tired that by the time we got home I was ready for bed. I didn't stay up to ring in the New Year but I was dreaming about the celebration!











































1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

The photo of the cousins on the piano is fabulous!