Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend was spent in Maine with my parents, Oliver, Grammi and Dzia Dzia. We hadn't been up to Maine since July so I was very excited about heading up there to go swimming and just relax. Even us 22 month olds need some down time, you know?

I insist on going down the stairs all by myself. I am becoming a very independent little lady.













I saw Oliver swimming around in a tube by himself so I decided to give it a shot. I loved it!
















I swear, mommy asks us to take more pictures with her than anyone I know. She must love us a lot!











After some swimming, we decided to go for a boat ride. Now, I'm guessing just by these three photos that mommy and daddy strategically planned it that way because it must have been my naptime. The second the boat went on the water I started to feel drowsy...













And then my eyes got heavier

















And then I was out like a light. For the entire time we were on the boat. I hardly spend any time awake on the boat but I'm guessing nothing exciting happens while I'm asleep. I mean who would provide the entertainment? :)















After my nap, I was rested enough to do some sand art.











I've decided that motion is my enemy (probably mommy and daddy's friend though) because the moment I hit the water in any sort of boat/kayak/canoe, I'm out like a light. Mommy and daddy thought it would be fun for us all to take a ride together and then we made it about 50 yards and I was out.







I swear, whenever I wear this giggles shirt I have much more fun.
















Eating a delicious meal of seafood kabobs, rice and corn.















Grammi and Dzia Dzia had a surprise for Oliver...a new backpack! I had fun watching Oliver put it on.














And then I wore it for a few minutes. Just trying it out.


















The last morning in Maine, Oliver and I were pretty tired but still had enough energy to eat fruit loops and watch a show. Overall, a fun way to truly end the summer!

No comments: