Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Past Week

So, the past week has been a busy but fun one for us! One night daddy came home and we decided that we would make lots of funny faces for the camera. I really wanted one with mommy so I gave it my biggest smiley face when daddy took the picture! I am really happy here because life as a 17 month old is just so much fun. I might be a little petite but I totally understand what is going on. I can put 3-4 word sentences together, I can count (sometimes to 12, sometimes to 5...whatever number I fancy that day), I can sing 2 lines of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I say Yes or No when asked a question and my two favorite books are Click Clack Moo and Go Dog Go. Life is good!

Daddy told us to make a face like we were afraid of him so that is what I did. Turns out we all made some pretty good scared faces for the camera.

















You know, sometimes I just think my mommy is camera happy. She takes pictures of me doing the most unexciting things, like standing next to the brown chair. Why she felt the need to take a picture of me I just don't know but I went along with it. I really like my headband though so maybe that's why.






Last Friday, mommy, Oliver and I took an overnight trip to see Grammi and Dzia Dzia in Maine. Daddy had a lot of schoolwork so it was just the three of us plus Charley. I had lots of fun with Grammi. She let me help her knit a blanket. I was a BIG help as you can imagine!!!









Grammi also taught me how to put on makeup...something that every modern girl really need to know about.











Here is the end result. A little bit of lip gloss and I am ready for the day!!!!











Here is a picture of me in the pack and play waking up on Saturday morning. Mommy said she is very proud of how well I have been sleeping. Look, the reality is that I am just a tired girl who will sleep wherever there is a crib, or bed, or pack and play. I go to bed every night at 7:30 and no one hears a peep from me until I wake up at 6:15 or so. All I need is the blanket Grammi made for me and my baby doll and I am happy to go to sleep!




Nonna sent us a VERY exciting package that we got this weekend. The package contained new pajamas for Oliver and me...we loved them!!!












In fact, I loved them so much that I kept on trying to call Nonna on my Cinderella phone that daddy brought back from Florida for me. But for some reason she never answered:)
























I also got to see my cousin Gabriella this week. She is so cute and I was completely fascinated by her. I couldn't stop looking at her when she came over for a visit.










This afternoon, mommy, Oliver and I got together with Auntie Shannon and Lorelai. We went out for lunch and then went to a park in Danvers. We had a blast running around and entertaining everyone.





















No comments: