Monday, March 21, 2011

Baked Bananas, Gift from Grammi and Daddy's Back!

The other day Oliver came home from school so excited to tell us about the baked bananas they made for a snack. He said it was "yummy yum" and asked if we could all make it. Mommy opened up his backpack and there was the recipe! While we were at Christine's on Friday, mommy went to the grocery store and got what we needed to make it on Friday afternoon. I couldn't wait for this yummy treat!

First, you melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a pan. I wasn't quite old enough to do this so I watched Oliver.
Then, you have to slice up the bananas. Oliver and I took turns helping each other.


Then, you pretend to put the banana peel in with the bananas.
You cook it in the oven for thirty minutes and the result is a delicious treat that is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers!!!

We spent Saturday night at Grammi and Dzia Dzia's house while mommy went to her friend Jen's wedding. We saw mommy's friends and their children on Sunday morning. It was fun to see all the other kids. Unfortunately, Oliver wasn't feeling well. While we were there, Oliver got a little grumpy and then started sneezing and got some hives. Turns out he's definitely allergic to cats! Then, he woke up this morning with a cold. My poor brother.


When I am just waking up from a nap or a little nervous about something I touch the top of my lip. I don't know why I do it, but I do.

On Sunday afternoon, we headed back to Grammi and Dzia Dzia's house so mommy could do a science experiment with Dzia Dzia. Grammi made me this cute poncho...it will be perfect for this spring!

Here is a picture of us with the materials!

After Grammi and Dzia Dzia's we came home, had dinner and mommy told us that daddy was coming home! We stayed up to see him. Here we are lounging on the bed.

When all of the sudden we spot daddy!

Daddy has surprises!!! Having him come home was present enough for me, but what girl doesn't like a little present from her dad?

What else could it be but a Hello Kitty watch!!! And, a tshirt from Hong Kong Disney.
I really missed daddy while he was away. I made him come in to say good night to me and give me kisses twice before I finally fell asleep. I was SO happy to see him!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

Those pants look adorable on her!!