Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fourth of July

When I think about the childhood experiences that Oliver and Adelaide are having, it is my hope that the memories that we create with them are so special that they will remember them for a very long time.  Now that Oliver is five, I realize that he is at an age where he will remember much more and it is important to me that the time we spend together is meaningful.  I am incredibly curious about what he will remember from his childhood when he gets older.

I wonder if:

he will he remember practically running down the street with his distant cousin and Papa to get to the parade in time.  

he'll remember just how much fun he had playing with Hudson on our Cape Cod vacation.
 he'll remember having a front row seat to a parade and eating popcorn.


 he'll remember these wonderful people we got to spend lots of time with during our vacation.  I loved spending time with Chris's cousins.  They were all so genuine, kind, and engaging.
 he'll remember all of the fun activities Nonna planned for us during our vacation.
he'll remember how much fun he had playing with darling Eva.  I know that I won't forget this little lady calling out "Adedade, Oder" on the last morning we spent together.  Only twelve months old and so much personality!
 he'll remember scheming with Hudson to play "Ghost Trap."
 he'll remember going through the bounce maze over and over again after the parade.



he'll remember going to Coonamessett Farm for the Jamaican barbecue.



This year the Fourth of July was spent with a great group of people who filled our day with lots of fun and laughter!

No comments: